X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RunnerBiker
    Expert
    • Feb 2008

Extra Characters displayed in MP3 TAGs

Extra "non-displayable" characters are being displayed at the end of the data.

In the Dave Brubeck example I sent you earlier, the Lead Artist (TPE1) and Composer (TCOM) fields are being displayed with two squares, representing non printable characters, after the data.

The TPE1 Frame has a VLI of $00 00 00 15
    The Data is:

There aren't any extra characters at the end of the "Dave Brubeck Quartet" string. It is immediately followed by the next MP3 Tag Frame

Cirrus displays :

If I click on the field and copy the data with CTRL+C it copies the data plus two CR LF pairs. There shouldn't be any CR LF pairs.
  • Erik
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

In the next release, we'll strip off the trailing line endings. FYI, copying to clipboard in BC2 does include line endings.
    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• RunnerBiker
      Expert
      • Feb 2008

But there aren't any line endings in the TPE1 or TCOM frames! Look at the Hex Dump.

Cirrus should not display two nonprintable characters at the end of these fields when they don't exist in the Frame, and it shouldn't add two more when you copy to the clipboard.

When you copy either one to the clipboard, you get two pairs of Carriage Return, Line Feed.

I believe that Cirrus should treat trailing line endings as white space and control displaying it with the "Visible Whitespace" control.

Comment

• Erik
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RunnerBiker
        But there aren't any line endings in the TPE1 or TCOM frames! Look at the Hex Dump.
        We're aware of this. The library we're using is adding the line endings. In the next release, we will strip them back off.

Cirrus should not display two nonprintable characters at the end of these fields when they don't exist in the Frame, and it shouldn't add two more when you copy to the clipboard.
        In BC2, a line ending is added when you copy to the clipboard. In the next release, we will no longer do so.

I believe that Cirrus should treat trailing line endings as white space and control displaying it with the "Visible Whitespace" control.
        We won't be able to do so anytime in the near future. However, we'll have Item Details in the next release which will allow you to see the current value as a list.
        Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• RunnerBiker
          Expert
          • Feb 2008

Thanks Eric. I appreciate your thorough explanation. It clears up what is happening, and what you Scooters are going to do. I think the plan is a good solution.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...