Clear All
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

Changing File Filters

This has happened to me numerous times:
    1. Turn "Compare folder structure" option on
    2. Start with a collapsed folder tree
    3. Click in file filter textbox and insert a "-" so that it reads "-*.*" (but do not press enter)
    4. Right-click on the collapsed folder structure and choose "Open Subfolders"

The files are still visible.
    • Click the toolbar Refresh button

The files are still visible.

I figured out that I need to press enter after I change the file filter to commit it and make it active, but only after being confused for a minute or two as to why the file filter was not applying. At the very least, a refresh should be aware of the file filter (whether or not a user presses enter) and should hide filtered files. Could you please commit the file filter change when the Filter textbox loses focus so that the contents of the folder compare correctly match the file filter even if the user forgets to press enter?
    Last edited by Michael Bulgrien; 07-Mar-2008, 05:03 PM.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

The current behavior is working as intended, and mirrors the way the path bars are handled. If you type in a new location, it will not change your display until you commit it with the enter key or by clicking the Load arrow. We allow the user to tab between the 2 path fields and filters without committing changes (committing them with the enter key).

We'll look into having refresh accept the filters.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Oct 2007

Thank you.
      BC v4.0.7 build 19761
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

Working...