• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucaruz
    Visitor
    • Jan 2007

BC2 from script stalling

Hey,
    I have this script to recursively compare 2 folders on 2 different servers.

bc2.exe @compare_1to2_html.txt "d:\" "\\server2\d$"

===============compare_1to2_html.txt ===============

criteria binary
    load %1 %2
    expand all
    folder-report layout:side-by-side &
    options:display-mismatches &
    output-to:log.html &
    output-options:html-color

The script stalls when loading \\server2\d$, but I am using a service account that has rights to the second server as I have used it before with ROBOCOPY.
    What am I doing wrong? Do i need to call a NET USE to map the folder before?
  • lucaruz
    Visitor
    • Jan 2007

Re: BC2 from script stalling

I just launched the script after mapping to the server2 share with admin rights, and the script just sits there at the "expand all" stage. Granted, the folders are huge, around 150GB , but the GUI does it quickly enough , and Robocopy does it in 10 minutes.
    What's going on?

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

The "criteria binary" command will make it take longer. If you're using the default settings interactively, it will only compare timestamps and size. In the script, as soon as you "expand all", it starts a binary comparison of all files. If you use binary comparison criteria in an interactive session of BC it should take the same amount of time.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Does the script hang if you run it from the command line? Or only when you run it as a service?

It might help to include a "log verbose c:\bclog.txt" command at the start so you can see what the script is doing if it is running as a scheduled task.

When running as a scheduled task, mapped drive letters shouldn't be available, but accessing files with a UNC path should work.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• lucaruz
          Visitor
          • Jan 2007

It's actually working now, with the default comparison criteria. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...