X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron
    Fanatic
    • Dec 2007

Show command on toolbar logic

What's the logic for when to allow 'Show command on toolbar' in the Customize Commands dialog?

I had quick compare there in BC2.
  • ron
    Fanatic
    • Dec 2007

Sorry, Compare Contents is what I was looking for ... it's there.

So what is Quick Compare? I don't see it on the Actions menu.

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Do you mean Compare Contents from BC2?

Quick Compare allows for that pop-up, while Compare Contents actually runs the scan.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Do you have two files selected, or a file that has another file aligned with it (to trigger the Quick Compare option's visibility)?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
          Carpal Tunnel
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Aaron
          Quick Compare allows for that pop-up, while Compare Contents actually runs the scan.
          I thought a Quick Compare compared the contents of a folder with "Quick Test" rules while a "Compare Contents" used the extended "Compare Contents" rules (if defined under the session settings).
          But in build 445 I don't see the Quick Compare in the context menu when I select two opposing folders.
          Did something change, or am I mistaken about seeing a Quick Compare in a folder session in a prior build?
          Maybe it was just something that I suggested that has not been implemented???

Edit: I guess I was fantasizing about what I thought would be a good implementation of a quick compare between folders. For whatever it's worth, I still think it is a good idea...a quick override for users with content compare criteria enabled in their session defaults...but that's another topic.
          Last edited by Michael Bulgrien; 06-Mar-2008, 06:53 PM.
          BC v4.0.7 build 19761
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Tim
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

In BC2, Quick Compare refers to the optional dialog you get when starting BC with a pair of files (eg. opening files from Explorer).

Cirrus has the same feature but also allows it as a command in Folder Compare sessions. It only applies to a pair of files. It has nothing to do with the Quick Test rules settings.
            Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• ron
              Fanatic
              • Dec 2007

Now I understand/remember. I must have not had the correct selection earlier because I see it on the menu now.

I never used this before but I see a particular value in it now. Comparing any two files in the folder view whose names are not the same.

Comment

Working...