Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pete
    Fanatic
    • Nov 2007

Michaels post (#12) mirrors my opinions on the subject. I'm definitely in Group 2. BC is full of filtering options and I think it would be wrong and unintuitive to copy items that have been filtered out (regardless if the folder is collapsed or expanded).

I like the idea of a persistent checkbox in the dialog.

For what it's worth, I've been using BC for many years and I've *never* clicked on a folder to copy it to the other side. I always work only with the files. However, I still have an opinion about it.

Comment

• Jobol
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Marjolein Katsma
      Just to qualify that a bit - while remaining firmly in group 1 - if I really wanted to copy only the content of the folder that is not filtered out, I would select that content to copy rather than the folder itself. The folder represents the complete collection.
      But what if you have subfolders? then you would have to expand each and copy the files within it.

I am tempted to go with option #2. But only if Beyond Compare detects that there is hidden files in the folder I am copying due to my filters, it should prompt me "There is files obstructed by your filters, do you want to copy these as well?"

So it is really like a 1.5...Or add extra entries in the menu like "copy filtered" "move filtered", etc...

Comment

• ingenuitor
        Enthusiast
        • Mar 2008

I vote for Choice #2 too.

Comment

• Tim
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

I'd like to thank everyone for offering their opinions. The next release should be much improved in terms of consistency and flexibility. We hope to have it out mid next week.
          Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Dave_L
            Veteran
            • Dec 2007

I've been thinking about this, and I can't decide between #1 and #2. I don't know if that's helpful.

Comment

• Tim
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

No problem

The feedback here and from our email survey shows people solidly in both groups, so our next release will try to respect that fact. We're working on making the default "model" as clear, simple (easy to describe) and consistent as we can, with ways to temporarily override or permanently change the behavior.
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• Seeker
                Enthusiast
                • Apr 2008

It appears this has already been decided by having a compromise solution, but I am definitely a Camp 2 person. If I've filtered it, I want my filters honored.

Comment

Working...