X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RunnerBiker
    Expert
    • Feb 2008

MP3 View Player controls

I frequently compare two MP3 files where the music encoding is not identical, although they might be very similar.

When you view two MP3 files there are Play buttons at the bottom of the view.

I click the left play button and then the right play button to play both sides simultaneously. It would be nice to be able to start both sides with one click - a synchronized start.

Thanks
  • Tom
    Expert
    • Oct 2007

Originally posted by RunnerBiker
    I click the left play button and then the right play button to play both sides simultaneously. It would be nice to be able to start both sides with one click - a synchronized start.
    I've asked for that for years -- the answer I get is that it's on the to-do list. Dunno what its priority is, though.

Don't forget that it'd still need a way to tweak each side separately for times when the exact beginning of the audio is slightly delayed on one side, or when the playback speed is a hair different.

Craig & Tim, are you able to talk about the MP3-related features that're on the active timeline for the upcoming release? Just by a quickie non-scientific review, MP3 topics in this forum get the most views (in excess of 40 each except for this one, where most others get in the 20s & 30s). I think that says something about people's interest in the plugin.
    Last edited by Tom; 09-Mar-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Tom,

I've discussed simultaneous playback with our developers. It sounds like a useful suggestion, but our developers have a pretty full schedule already getting Cirrus ready for public beta, so I don't think they'll be able to give it much consideration in the near future.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Tom
        Expert
        • Oct 2007

Thanks for looking into it, Chris -- is there a chance it could move higher on the to-do list when Cirrus/BC3 goes final? I don't mind waiting a bit.

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Tom,

Thanks for the vote of interest. I've discussed it with our developers and it looks like we won't be able to do this in the near future.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...