• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nperis
    Visitor
    • Dec 2003

Beyond Vista

Hi,

I get a small error while installing BC 2.4.3 in Windows Vista RC2 about setup being unable to add Beyond to the context menu (but it actually does work as far as I can tell).
    Was wondering was it a known issue?

Cheers,

Nick.
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Beyond Vista

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the problem report. I hadn't heard about this yet, but we'll make sure to look into it.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Hi Nick,

I just installed BC 2.4.3 on Windows Vista RC2. I didn't get an error message about the context menu when I installed.

I'll continue to watch this to see if it happens for anyone else. If you have any problems or strange behavior on Vista, please let us know.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• nperis
        Visitor
        • Dec 2003

Thanks Chris,

Just to let you know, I get the exact same behaviour in Vista Ultimate RTM.
        It's a clean install on the same machine, connected to a Domain and running a beta version of McAfee.

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Nick,

Thanks for the follow up. I'll get a test environment setup to try this again.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hi Nick,

I tested again with Vista Ultimate RTM.

I didn't get the error message when I ran Beyond Compare's installer and checked to include the shell extension.

However, once BC was installed, running it normally I was not able to include or exclude the context menu. This looks like it is due to Vista's new security features.

If you right click on the BC icon and select "Run as Administrator", it should work to enable or disable the shell extension in the General section of Tools|Options.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...