X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scarnie
    New User
    • Jan 2007

Re: Other Platforms

Would you be interested in help with an OS/X port? I do have the environment, would like to learn OS/X dev and would be willing to devote some free time to do it I'm sure coming from linux to OS/X wouldn't be that bad.

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Stuart,

Thanks for the offer of help. At this point we just can't take on another platform, but if we do in the future we'll post an announcement in the forums.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Please consider MAC OS X version. Beyond Compare is the best out there and we mac developers can definitely use BC.

Comment

Awesome utility. I am also switching to Mac from MS and BC2 is one of my critical apps - it's just beats everything. Would LOVE to pay for and instruct all of my release managers and QA developers to purchase a copy as well new copies of native OSX version. Please, please, please!

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

We have gotten requests for a Mac OSX version before. It is something we are interested in, but will need to re-visit/investigate at a later date after work on version 3.

Thanks for expressing interest in seeing our product on another OS. If you would like to try, a few of our users have had good things to say about running BC on Intel Macs using CrossOver Mac.
            http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/

Also, here's a forum thread where our users discussed using CrossOver Mac to run BC:
            http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbthread...page=0&vc=1
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

I am happy to see the progress you made in Linux version.
              I will definitely ask the company to buy this software.
              We are using perforce under linux. I will check how good it handles the 3-way comparison.

Comment

The post is actually more than a year ago.
                Do you have Linux Beta on the way?

#6574 - 08/14/06 01:32 PM Edit Reply We have been making decent progress on a Linux version of BC3, with a general strategy of releasing it at the same time as the Windows version. With any luck, we will be starting early beta tests on the Linux version in a month or so.

We also get a lot of requests for a native Mac version of Beyond Compare. While we'd love to offer it, an OS/X port would be difficult based on our current development environment and limited resources. After we get version 3 released and settled down, we'll take another look at the feasibility of a Mac version.

Comment

• Chris
                  Team Scooter
                  • Oct 2007

We're in private beta for the Linux version right now. Right now the private beta is limited to registered users of Beyond Compare 2. If you're registered and you would like to join the beta, send an email to [email protected].
                  Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I haven't talked with the manager about license purchasement.
                    some more questions:
                    #1. Does the linux beta support 3 way merge?
                    #2. How about the perforce integration for merge?
                    #3. If we buy 2 or 3 copies for the time being and later we buy more license if we are happy with BC, do we still get the same rebate as we buy all the license at the same time?
                    Thank you.

Comment

1. Yes
                      2. BC3 has the same Perforce commandline support as BC2, with the expanded options available via the Command Line with 3 files (3way merge).
                      http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?c=kb_vcs.php
                      Is that what you mean when you refer to Integration, or this:
                      http://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?c=kb_scc.php

3.Here is a page describing our policy on pricing: http://www.scootersoftware.com/shop....923&c=upgrades
                      Basically, once you hit a certain number, the benefits pertain to that, or any future, orders. So if you order 5 up front, you would get any discounts associated with 5. If you order 2, then 3, the later 3 get the discounts associated with 5.

-Aaron. Scooter Software. Original posted when not logged in.

Comment

Thank you. I will go and ask my manager on this. Happy new year!

Comment

OS X for me as well, please! Can't live without BC! Convinced two companies, so far. About to persuade number three (although, not much persuasion needed; just show them a pdf/doc/xls diff). Looking forward to the linux version. Can't wait for a native Mac version. I will buy my first personal license.

Regards,
                          Klaus

Comment

• heimi
                            Visitor
                            • Jan 2008

Add me to the list of OS X Votes.
                            I switched to Mac OS X a while ago and there are two apps I really miss on OS X. One is Picasa from Google and the other is Beyond Compare. I read through the thread and found the hint with Crossover and I will definetly give it a try on Crossover but its nasty to buy a 50$ software to run a 30$ software on a mac.
                            Beside that I believe that you are able to build a fast and reliable version of BC on a Mac as soon as you find the time.
                            Thanx
                            Andreas

Comment

Whooohooo!

Comment

I would also vote for an OSX version of BC. I read in a thread here that the only reason BC is provided for Linux is because of Kylix. And, since there is an Delphi for OSX (I wish!!), may I suggest http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/ as a possible solution.

Comment

Working...