Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Other Platforms

Default Re: Other Platforms

The prices Tim mentions seem very fair to me. I also have a machine that dual-boots Win32 and Linux, but that's not the only Linux (or Win32) machine that I use, so for a quality product like Beyond Compare, I'm certainly willing to pay extra for the Linux license. This doesn't mean I won't appreciate the upgrade discount for registered BC2 users Hope I can have the pleasure of beta-testing the Linux version soon !

Did I miss something with the licencing here?

My company purchased a site-wide license. I bought a single license for use at home as I use it all the time at work (especially within Merant Dimensions - thanks to Michael Jelich for his plugin). Are you saying that I could have used the company license at home? I am not TOO worried since I bought it when it was half-price from DonationCoder!

Some time ago I remember reading something about if within one year of buying v2 a v3 came out purchasers would be entitled to a free upgrade. Is that still going to be true? If so would it be to BC3 Standard?

Cheers
    Darren

Our license agreement lets you use BC on any number of computers, at work or at home. A company may let their licensed employees use BC at home if they like, but we feel it's up to the company to set that policy. The company is responsible for safekeeping the license key and may want to keep it inhouse.

I hope to finalize our BC3 upgrade policy soon, and post it in this forum. At a minimum, someone who buys a $30 BC2 license within a year (more likely 18 months) of BC3's release will get $30 towards the BC3 license. In other words, a free upgrade to BC3 Standard.
    Tim T Scooter Software

Woohoo!! A linux version is awesome and just makes a Mac version that much closer.
    Jonathan Duncan
    Superior Web Site Hosting
    bluesunhosting.com

Is it a true native linux version using GTK, QT?
    Or 'Wine' is required? http://www.winehq.com/

It's a native linux executable built on top of Qt3. Wine isn't required.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Qt works on OSX

I'm on my monthly quest to find a useable hex diff tool and figured I'd stop by and drop another request for OSX. BC2 is my benchmark for usable text/hex comparisons.

Thanks for the suggestion. We are considering an OS X port. At the moment our development team has their hands full working on BC3 for Windows. Once BC3 for Windows is released, we'll take another look at the possibility of an OS X port.

For now, some of our users have reported good luck using CrossOver Mac to run BC. See the discussion thread at:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbth...er=6704&page=0
    Chris K Scooter Software

Our current plan is that Linux and Windows pricing will be the same, although separate licenses will be needed to run on both platforms. We'll likely have a bundle price for getting both together.

Here's our tentative pricing for a single user:

BC3 Standard = $30
    BC3 Standard Win32+Linux = $50
    BC3 Pro = $50
    BC3 Pro Win32+Linux = $70

Comments anyone?
    Pricing seems very reasonable.

Hint Hint patiently at a OSX universal version.. just my $0.02 Great software use it all the time!