X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PhxChris
    Visitor
    • Feb 2008

Next / Previous Difference arrows

Wish the Next / Previous Difference arrows were darker when no match found.

Current contrast is not as easy to see as in BC2. My thought would be to make the "no match" button darker. Easier to see out of the corner of your eye when working thru a large file.
  • Michael Bulgrien
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Oct 2007

I agree. I believe I suggested this back in the Wordpress days. I would prefer a darker arrow when there are no more difference sections to find.
    BC v4.0.7 build 19761
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll add this to our wishlist.

Does anyone else prefer the BC2 style of Next/Prev buttons to the current look? Or perhaps prefer the button to be more subtle as it is now?
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Tim
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The Next /Previous Differences arrows will be darker when no match found in the next release.
        Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• kjsmithtx
          Journeyman
          • Feb 2008

I like the syle/color of the new buttons, but I think it would be better if each of the buttons became inactive (like the save button when you haven't made any changes) when it can no longer perform a valid function (previous button inactive when on the first difference, next button inactive when on the last difference, both inactive when no differences)

Comment

• Michael Bulgrien
            Carpal Tunnel
            • Oct 2007

Originally posted by kjsmithtx
            I think it would be better if each of the buttons became inactive (like the save button when you haven't made any changes)
            That's thinking outside of the box. Sounds like a great idea.
            BC v4.0.7 build 19761
            ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Comment

• Tim
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

In BC2, they become inactive depending on the options set in Tools > Options > File Viewer > Next Difference. If you select the Do Not Change Position option, then the button is inactive when there are no more differences. The keyboard shortcut is still active and can cause a beep. If you select Wrap Around or Open Next Mismatched Files then the icon changes color.

In Cirrus, we can't disable the button without disabling the keyboard shortcut. Cirrus has different Next Difference options, but if you disable Wrap Around and Show Message Panel we could disable the button (since we no longer beep in that circumstance). I'll look into making that change.
              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

• WarrenStanley
                Journeyman
                • May 2008

Please restor next file on no more diff option

I quite like the BC2 option of going strait from one file to the next if there are no more differences to be found in the current file. Can the option for this be added back?

Comment

• WarrenStanley
                  Journeyman
                  • May 2008

Scrolling of the line detail to first diff

When using the setting to open the 2-way diff at the first difference, if the line is long, and the first difference in not visible in the left most part of the line, the line view part of the window does not scroll the line over to be able to view the first diff on the line.

If the next/previous diff is used to get to the line, however, the line view is scrolled to the first diff on the line. Could this be applied in the above case too?

Comment

• Erik
                    Team Scooter
                    • Oct 2007

If you're using the keyboard, you can use Ctrl+M for "Next Difference Files". If you're using the mouse, make sure "Show message panel" is checked in your "Next Difference" options page. When there are no more differences, you will see a message panel at the bottom of the view with a link you can click on for "Next Difference Files".
                    Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• Erik
                      Team Scooter
                      • Oct 2007

Scrolling the line details when going to the first difference on load will be fixed in the next release (457).
                      Erik Scooter Software

Comment

• WarrenStanley
                        Journeyman
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Erik
                        If you're using the keyboard, you can use Ctrl+M for "Next Difference Files". If you're using the mouse, make sure "Show message panel" is checked in your "Next Difference" options page. When there are no more differences, you will see a message panel at the bottom of the view with a link you can click on for "Next Difference Files".
                        Erik,

I have been using Ctrl+M, but there are times when I am just looking through all the differences in a change set and I don't what to have to be concerned with when the file needs to be changed. It is only a very minor interruption to have to use a different key stroke, but I have noticed the difference (and the interruption) so far...

Warren.

Comment

• Scot
                          Visitor
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by WarrenStanley
                          Erik,

I have been using Ctrl+M, but there are times when I am just looking through all the differences in a change set and I don't what to have to be concerned with when the file needs to be changed. It is only a very minor interruption to have to use a different key stroke, but I have noticed the difference (and the interruption) so far...

Warren.
                          I agree whole-heartedly with Warren's comment.

Comment

• GregM
                            Journeyman
                            • Oct 2008

Absolutely! I'm just trying out BC3 now, and considering upgrading my company from BC2. I've become very used to using Ctrl-N to browse through all the changes in a set of files. I'm a heavy user of the keyboard, and having to constantly switch back and forth between Ctrl-N and Ctrl-M is a major disruption for me. I really wish now that I'd had more time to try out the betas. Please put back the option to have Ctrl-N go to the next file after the last difference in a file.

Comment

• Tim
                              Team Scooter
                              • Oct 2007

Warren, Scot & Greg:

In BC2's Options > File Viewer > Next Difference, did you have Confirm open next file disabled?
                              Tim T Scooter Software

Comment

Working...