Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hi Bob,

Are you using the BC3 Standard with the /savetarget switch (two files side-by-side, no separate output window)? That would would set the error code to 13, which TFS would treat as a cancel. The 3-way merge in BC3 Pro sets the error code to 0 in the same situation.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I'm using BC3 Standard specifying the /savetaget switch. It sounds like I have to upgrade to Pro in order to get around this issue?

My workaround so far has been to perform my merge as usual (and recieve the cancelled msg) and then try to checkin again and say "Auto Merge" and it appears to work. Of course, I have only just setup VStudio to use BC3 and so for my merges have been pretty tame. This may not work in every situation, especially if it's a complicated merge with overlapping changes.

BTW, I've also seen the following configuration for merging in one of the other threads:

%1 %2 %3 %4 /title1=%6 /title2=%7 /title3=%8 /title4=%9 /solo

I assume that this is for 3-way merging in Pro?

Thanks,
    Bob

No need to upgrade; we want BC3 standard to replace BC2. I was just confirming the issue.

We'll change the next release so if the /savetarget switch is given it will use the same return codes as the 3-way merge.

That command line is for the 3-way merge, but it's out of date because the /solo switch isn't needed anymore. The current TFS switches are fully documented in the VCS knowledge base article.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

OK. So it sounds like I just need to use my workaround until the next release then.

Is there any way to get notified when or check if a specific issue gets fixed? Or should this be a pretty easy fix and the next time an update is available via the automatic updates it should be resolved then?

Thanks again,
    Bob

I've already checked in a fix. The next time you see "New Version Available" it'll be fixed.
    ZoŽ P Scooter Software

You sir, are awesome!

Thank you,
    Bob

Ok, I still have this issue here, can someone please tell me how I can avoid this "merge has been cancelled". I have the latest bc3 and still get this mesasge.

Are you using BComp.exe instead of Bcompare? Does your configuration match what is listed in this KB article?:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/suppo...?zz=kb_vcs.php
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Does anyone have a solution to this? I am using VS2010 with a TFS as source control. Every time I merge a file manually I get the "The manual merge for <file name> has been canceled".

When should the change get picked up? When I save the file or when I close beyond compare?

Are you sure you have the 'professional' version? If memory serves, my issue was that I didn't and only the professional version supported merging.