X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Perforce 2005.2 & 2006.1

Perforce 2005 and the 2006 Beta will both hang BC with 100% CPU usage when you try to use BC's version control integration with them. Something has changed in Perforce to cause this and as far as I can tell there isn't anything we can do in BC to correct the issue.

I contacted Perforce's technical support about this and they've opened an enhancement request to support BC, which means they'll consider officially supporting BC in a future release. If you want to use newer releases of Perforce with Beyond Compare contact Perforce's technical support at [email protected] and tell them that you want p4scc.dll to officially support Beyond Compare. The more customers that contact them the more likely it is the issue will be fixed.

In the meantime, you can use the integration dll from Perforce 2004.2, which will work with newer Perforce servers. To do that download ftp://ftp.perforce.com/perforce/r04....6/perforce.exe, do a custom install, and install ONLY the P4SCC DLL option.
    Zoë P Scooter Software
  • kevinsikes
    Enthusiast
    • May 2005

Re: Perforce 2005.2 & 2006.1

I've been using source control integration with Perforce and P4SCC.DLL/NTX86/2005.2/94595 without any problems, although I haven't tried checking in files from within BC (checkout is OK). What operations cause problems for you?

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Re: Perforce 2005.2 & 2006.1

At the very least it affects adding/editing path associations in the "Source Control" section of the Options dialog and using the "Check in" command in the file and folder viewers. If you run into it it'll be *very* obvious, since it basically hangs BC. Perforce's technical support was able to repeat the problem; they're the ones that suggested downgrading just the SCC dll.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...