X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jshatsoff
    Visitor
    • Jun 2006

Checkin crashes beyond compare

I added a directory, lets call it c:\banana to the Tools > Option > Source Control. I setup the source control client (perforce). Then I did a compare of another directory, lets call it c:\test (this was on the left) to c:\banana. I found a file that was different and copied from c:\test to c:\banana. BC informed me that it was under source control and when I prompted it to, it correctly checked the file out.

However, when I attempted to check the file back in via BC, my computer basically went nuts and started eating up all of the CPU and never successfully checked this file in.

I love the idea of this feature and would like to successfully use it. Any help would be appreciated.
  • jshatsoff
    Visitor
    • Jun 2006

Re: Checkin crashes beyond compare

I guess I should add (before it is asked) the following:

I donwloaded and installed the latest version of P4 core and P4Win (Unicode Version 2005.2.93627) after this failed the first time and the problem persists.

I also have a version of BC downloaded today.

Comment

• Chris
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the bug report. I just duplicated this hang on my own system with Perforce. I'll discuss this with our version control developer and see what we can do.
      Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The SCC support was originally tested against Perforce 2004, which didn't have this problem. I've verified the problem with Perforce 2005.2.

Our lead developer is in contact with Perforce to work on a resolution for this, and I'll post again as soon as more information is available.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hi Jordon,

I created a new thread for this so other customers could find it easier. The details are at
          http://www.scootersoftware.com/ubbth...hp?Number=6243
          Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• jshatsoff
            Visitor
            • Jun 2006

Thanks....

I read the new thread and the suggestion. Before actually trying it though, I have sent Perforce a support email asking for what side effects I might expect by using the alternate dll.

Comment

Working...