X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sthmpsn
    New User
    • May 2006

Serena Dimensions 9.x supported?

I have only been able to find PVCS 8.0 integration support with Beyond Compare. Has anyone implemented this integration with Serena Dimensions 9.x?

Thanks,
    Steve
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Serena Dimensions 9.x supported?

We don't have PVCS ourselves, the version 8 integration was user contributed.

If anyone out there does have PVCS 9 integration working and they would like to share their instructions, please send an email to [email protected] and we'll add it to our version control instructions.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• sthmpsn
      New User
      • May 2006

I was playing around with it a little and i was able to get Beyond Compare to diff files but i was hoping to get it to work in place of the Dimensions Merge tool so that it would be able to compare Directories not just files.

Please let me know if anyone has tested/implemented this.

thank you

Comment

This seems to be an old thread, but the problem is still valid to us :-)

I just made a simple wrapper to see what Dimensions 9.1 gives when comparing 1) two versions, or a 2) version to a file:

1) Command line:
        C:\Apps\Serena\ChangeMan\Dimensions\9.1\\prog\pvcs merge.exe -NoSplash C:\Temp\ptaa822.tmp

And then in the ptaa822.tmp file:

AUTOMERGE=ON
        TEMPDIR=C:\Temp\
        SHOWTARGET=OFF
        INTERACTIVE=BROWSE
        SHOWFRAMEANCESTOR=ON
        INCLUDEFRAMEANCESTOR=ON
        ANCESTOR="C:\Temp\ptaa820.tmp","C:\source\Foo.cpp; foo#11.16 - Ancestor"
        DERIVATIVES="C:\Temp\ptaa821.tmp","C:\source\Foo.c pp;foo#11.15 - Derivative"

2) Command line:
        C:\Apps\Serena\ChangeMan\Dimensions\9.1\\prog\pvcs merge.exe -NoSplash C:\Temp\ptaa825.tmp

And then in the ptaa825.tmp file:

AUTOMERGE=ON
        TEMPDIR=C:\Temp\
        SHOWTARGET=OFF
        INTERACTIVE=BROWSE
        SHOWFRAMEANCESTOR=ON
        INCLUDEFRAMEANCESTOR=ON
        ANCESTOR="C:\Temp\ptaa823.tmp","C:\source\Foo.cpp; foo#11.16 - Ancestor"
        DERIVATIVES="C:\Temp\ptaa824.tmp","C:\source\Foo.c pp - Derivative"

With this information, could it be possible to update the Dimensions 8.0 wrapper?

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Thanks for the post. I will contact the author of the PVCS wrapper to find out if he has an update.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...