Is it possible to incorporate BC...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to incorporate BC...

Is it possible to add BC to my .NET app? If so is there documentation to do this?

regards,
    Dave
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Is it possible to incorporate BC...

Hi Dave,

What do you want to do with the integration? There isn't a way to embed it in another application window, but you could open the file or folder viewer using the command line switches or us scripting the same way. We also have a dll available for purchase that just includes the file viewer and file differences report engine, but again, that would open in a new window.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• splintor
      Visitor
      • Apr 2008

That's too bad!

Hi,
      Is this old answer is still valid?

I'm working on a git client, and it would be really cool if I can show a diff pane, where selecting a file in the Changed Files list would show the file diff in a right-pane. Is this really not possible and not planned?

splintor

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Even with this type of DLL, we would not support working within another application. It would still need to launch as a new "Beyond Compare Diff" Window showing the two items that need to be compared.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• splintor
          Visitor
          • Apr 2008

As I said, this is a shame, as having the option to embed Beyond Compare could make a wonderful applications.

Comment

Working...