X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jeffbean
    New User
    • Mar 2006

Two suggestions for the data viewer

I often work with two files that have matching column names, but with the columns in a different order. In that situation it can be quite tiresome in the rules dialog to specify which column on the left goes with which column on the right. It would be really nice to have a button that tells it to match up all the columns with the same names, then shift the unmatched columns to the bottom (and perhaps mark the unmatched columns as unimportant or removed).

Also I would kiss your feet if you added support for comparing DBF (dBase) files. I know it is easy to convert a DBF file to a CSV file, but it sure would save me a lot of time.

Thanks,
    Jeff Bean
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: Two suggestions for the data viewer

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll add both of these to our wish list for a future version of the Data Viewer plug-in.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I was just looking for a solution to Jeff's first problem - so please add a vote for that item on your wish list.

Maybe half-way to it, maybe interesting on its own: Being able to select just a left (or right) column in the Data Compare Rules editor and to move it up or down without affecting the other side would have solved my problem, too. I admit that this might require to recompute the default values for the other columns.

Thanks,
      Marc

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Marc,

Thanks for the suggestion. I added it to our notes for data compare rule improvements.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• kbrowder
          New User
          • Jul 2007

Two more suggestions for Data Viewer:

A way to save displayed differences that can be opened later on without running the comparison again. I have the need to pass on the information gathered with data viewer to others.

The ability to include key (or other) fields in the data difference report. The report will give me the difference data from one column but it is meaning less without displayed information from it's associated key column.

Thanks!
          Krag

Comment

• Chris
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Krag,

Thank you for the suggestions. Better reporting for the Data Viewer plug-in is on our list for a future release.
            Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...