What about Outlook?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Outlook?

Any plans to enable any sort of Outlook support? Specifically, I'd love to be able to compare and synchronise 1. pst files and their contents
    2. folders within Outlook itself

If not in BC, anyone recommend alternative app that can do this?

Jonathan
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Re: What about Outlook?

There are some Outlook recommendations in an earlier Outlook sync thread.

It is on our wish list, but I don't know when we might work on Outlook syncing.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

There are not many alternatives tailered for file and folder sync including outlook. An expensive one is (easy2sync for out look or for files/folders), a cheaper one for outlook looks quite inspired by bc2 (cf. SyncMe and its logo). I really would prefer to have one tool for file and folder sync, outlook file and folder sync. Since many tools can read/write within outlook.pst-files and bc2 has all the rest of the necessary tools at hand I wonder why this seems to stay on the wishlist for so long. The bc2-programmers should start indeed a beta a.s.a.p.

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

This is still on our wish list. The problem is the number of features requested is quite large, and our development team small. We work hard to get to requests in a timely manner, but with limited resources we can't get to every feature request immediately.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

I would be happy if the team succeeds with an integration of outlook sync in due time, say within some months. Nobody should ask for the impossible or the quick and dirty solution - in fact, I prefer a safe an stable code.

Comment

Hi There, any progress on this feature/plug-in? Just asking as its been a year or so since last mentioned...

tks

Comment

• Chris
              Team Scooter
              • Oct 2007

Sorry, we still don't have a solution in Beyond Compare that will allow you to sync messages within an Outlook PST file. We're still considering it as a feature for a future release of BC.
              Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Have a look at Dmailer (dmailer.com) it is great for synchronising outlook but not so good with other folders. Dor that continue with BC.

Comment

Working...