Default Is there a way to do folder comparisons in parallel?

This is especially interesting when comparing folders on two NAS devices and calculating CRC or even full binary comparison. Assuming the workstation that's running BC has the network bandwidth (gigabit or better, maybe with port aggregation) to support simultaneous file reading from multiple network devices, this could cut comparison times in half.

Is this a feature already in BC4 that I'm too dumb to find? Has it been contemplated for a future release, or has this idea been rejected outright?

Curious in Canada,

--michael

Calculating CRC values in parallel when each side is on a separate storage device isn't currently supported. It is on the feature request list for a future version of Beyond Compare.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Oooo! Goody! Please make a note: I will definitely help beta test that feature for you...just point me at the download!

Suggestions: allow the user to set a per-storage-device limit to how many simultaneous file accesses are permitted. That way the user can tweak each device to run at the maximum the device can handle based on its processor speed, disc speeds and network bandwidth. Tweaking is good.

Comparing CRCs on two folder trees with 60 TB of data is SLOW when you are only using 10% of the available network and NAS disc bandwidth, AND you're doing one file CRC calculation at a time.

Cheers,

--michael

Thanks. We do not have a beta, but I'll add your suggestions to our wishlist entry for our developers to review when they investigate this feature request.
    Aaron P Scooter Software