X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpcompare
    Visitor
    • Nov 2018

Data Compare Scripting

I have been reading various threads to script but am not found the full answer

so i am wanting to create a script that does the following

run script command to compare 2 cvs files BCompare.exe @"C:\temp\MyScript.txt"

in the script, I want to load a saved BCSession.xml which contains 2 cvs files that have been ordered by a key column and one column set to unimportant. the results will be reported via a report .xml

I have created a .xml session but have tried to load this via the script but it errors.

Am not sure what I am doing wrong. I gather it will how i am trying to load the saved session
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

BC scripting does not support loading a saved Data Compare Session directly, the load command only accepts folders or a Folder Compare session name. The quick solution would be, if you save those settings as the new default Data Compare, then script will use those settings.

Script can load saved Folder Compare sessions, and a saved Folder Compare can have saved child Data Compare sessions, which can generate file level reports on multiple files in the base folders.

You could also manually edit the BCSessions.xml before launching script.

The script can generate a data-report directly by using the file names:
    BCompare.exe "@C:\temp\MyScript.txt" "c:\file1.csv" "c:\file2.csv" "c:\report.html"
    data-report layout:side-by-side output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2"
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...