X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcdewul
    Old Hand
    • Sep 2010

Beyond Compare and OneDrive profiles

In other threads I read about BC and being able to create OneDrive profiles.
    Although it regretfully does not support OneDrive for Office 365 (that I have), so just out of curiosity....
    what is the difference between an 'normal' compare and/or sync versus one using OneDrive profile.

I can't test it with my OneDrive.

Thanks.

later..
    oh btw, in what way is 'normal' personal OneDrive (provided by default with Windows) differs from the 365 version.
    Last edited by bcdewul; 28-Nov-2018, 04:56 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

OneDrive 365 is usually "OneDrive for Business" which, while sharing a name, is a different API. However, OneDrive365 for Business could also be configured to use Sharepoint; currently exposed in the URL when browsing into a folder. Adding support for these different profile types is also something on our wishlist, but each is a large project.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• bcdewul
      Old Hand
      • Sep 2010

Sorry for the confusion, my mistake, AFAIK I have the normal end-user OneDrive, so, the personal OneDrive, not for business.
      Subscribing to Office 365 will only increase the disk space from, I believe 14GB to 1TB. But it will remain a personal OneDrive.
      The Beyond Compare OneDrive profile is not valid for me.
      Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you using the latest release of BC 4.2.8? Delete the existing profile and then create a new OneDrive profile using the Tools menu -> Profiles dialog. Does this help create and connect successfully?
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4.2.9 is now available with updated OneDrive support, including support for OneDrive for Business (Office 365). Please let us know if you continue to have OneDrive problems after updating to the new version.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• bcdewul
            Old Hand
            • Sep 2010

Many thanks indeed!

Comment

• quicktypez
              New User
              • Jun 2019

Hi, can you please update https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp...zz=kb_onedrive page to reflect the new info. I almost uninstalled the trail until I decided to double check. Thanks!

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Good catch! I'll get that updated.
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...