X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simmotech
    Visitor
    • Jul 2009

Question/Suggestion for Folder Sync...

I have a Folder Sync setup to copy files from a local folder to an ftp folder.

It works absolutely great but is there a way of seeing how many files are on each side?
    (especially after a Sync Now)
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Yes, if you click the Peek/Suppress Filters button in the toolbar or View menu (toggle that shows non-syncing items in Teal). Or you use the Session menu -> Compare Base Folders to launch a new Folder Compare tab showing a full comparison.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• simmotech
      Visitor
      • Jul 2009

I had already tried the Peek button and it indeed shows all the items in Teal but not a Count of them.
      I did just notice that doing that then Ctrl-A does show the selection count in the footer. That is good enough. Thanks.

But wouldn't it be nice to show a count in the (vast) space to the left of and below the Sync Now button?
      (And there is also a lot of space below that button and before the grid - normally every pixel counts with your excellent software!)

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

The count is also shown in the bottom status bar if there is no selection, and shows the selection if a selection is made. There is a lot of other extra space, but part of the Folder Sync design is to present a subset of controls and information to make the sync itself the priority. The Folder Compare session also has sync commands, as well as other reporting commands.

Additionally, the Folder Sync Session menu has a Folder Sync Info dialog box that may be helpful.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...