X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickF
    Visitor
    • Sep 2018

GitKraken?

Having trouble getting bcompare to work with GitKraken - ubuntu 18.04.

Anyone had success? Not sure who's "fault" it is.

git config --global diff.tool bcompare
    git config --global merge.tool bcompare

But is says it can't find the diff tool....
  • lhasadad
    Expert
    • Apr 2008

Is your bcompare directory on the path? try doing the git config with an absolute path and retry GitKraken

Comment

• RickF
      Visitor
      • Sep 2018

Originally posted by lhasadad
      Is your bcompare directory on the path? try doing the git config with an absolute path and retry GitKraken
      I can launch beyond compare from the terminal by typing bcompare so I would assume yes....

Comment

• RickF
        Visitor
        • Sep 2018

I run bcompare from the terminal and it runs the program so I would think so

Comment

• Aaron
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Hello,

I've setup a GitKraken git repo, and after staging and creating a diff scenario, I went into GitKraken's Preferences and in the General Tab, I set both Merge Tool and Diff Tool to "Beyond Compare" from the dropdown.

Right clicking the staging area with a file has an "Open in Beyond Compare" option, which seems to work for calling to a diff view.

Do these steps work for you? If not, have you rebooted your machine since installing both GitKraken and Beyond Compare 4?
          Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• lhasadad
            Expert
            • Apr 2008

Other thoughts.

Originally posted by RickF
            I run bcompare from the terminal and it runs the program so I would think so
            I am not familiar with the operation of GitKraken (though I know its a Git Gui). It might be possible that while running it modifies the path in its environment info. an attempt to launch something hoping its on the path might not be valid. I would follow Arron's directions and see if they help.

run: which bcompare
            in the terminal and see what path it is coming up with. if you can specify an absolute path in GitKraken, then use that info to fill in the dialog.

Comment

Working...