X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisjj
    Carpal Tunnel
    • Apr 2008

23150 MTP .PLA Filce Compare fails to complete

Text Compare on any .PLA file (even <1Kb) fails to complete even after hours.

I've no idea why the left side has loaded and the right not. Likewise right side load fails in Text Edit:

The right file shows fine in Explorer:

Same with all other .PLA files tried. No such problem with any .WMA file tried.

Folder Compare works fine:

Each of the three years since MTP support's addition (and thanks for that addition), it has got a little nearer to working properly (thanks for that too). When it gets there, I'll be delighted!
    Last edited by chrisjj; 28-Sep-2018, 08:38 AM.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you copy the .PLA files locally to your Desktop\Test1 and \Test2 folders, do they open?

If you close BC4, then relaunch, and open ZEN_AH on the Left side, does this open the PLA? If you close, relaunch BC4, and open ZEN_AH on the Left and ZEN_W on the right side, then open the paired PLA, which opens and which fails?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• chrisjj
      Carpal Tunnel
      • Apr 2008

Folder Compare pic updated to show size:

My "I've no idea why the left side has loaded and the right not. Likewise right side load fails in Text Edit" is in error. The right has loaded -- just is empty.

Originally posted by Aaron
      If you copy the .PLA files locally to your Desktop\Test1 and \Test2 folders, do they open?
      Copied using BC Copy to Folder or Explorer, yes.

If you close BC4, then relaunch, and open ZEN_AH on the Left side, does this open the PLA?
      Yes. The file shows empty.

If you close, relaunch BC4, and open ZEN_AH on the Left and ZEN_W on the right side, then open the paired PLA, which opens and which fails?
      I think they both open. But the comparison still fails.

Perhaps the issue is as simple as MTP comparison fails if one file is empty.

Comment

• chrisjj
        Carpal Tunnel
        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by chrisjj
        Perhaps the issue is as simple as MTP comparison fails if one file is empty.
        Or a lot simpler! Nothing specific to MTP, apparently. Sorry for the wrong alarm.

Comment

Working...