Question Disable 'Check for Updates' for all users?

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to disable the 'Help -> Check for Updates' button on the toolbar (BC4.2.6)? There are AppLocker restrictions on our managed workstations that will prevent a non-administrative user from updating the software. I would like to disable (or remove) the button on the Help menu if possible. Is there a registry key I can set (or perhaps a setting in the BCPreferences.xml file) to achieve this? I have already set the DisableCheckForUpdates reg key to disable the automatic update check, but would like to remove the functionality all together. We are using the vendor MSI to perform the installations. Thanks in advance for any help! Cheers!

Hello,

If you are using our MSI from the website, it does this behavior by default:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/downl...4_winalternate

Otherwise if they are building a custom msi, the registry key you are mentioning also performs this behavior (removes the Help menu -> Check for Updates command, and removes the option to check every 7 days). After setting the key, have you rebooted the system?

If you are still having trouble, you may need to email us with a exported section of your registry so we can check it over. Please email at support@scootersoftware.com as a renamed to .txt attachment and include a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software