• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dip333
    New User
    • Sep 2018

Compare 2 mac folder via smb ?

Dear support ,

It's possible to compare (or sync) 2 folders but 1 folder are in another computer mac connected via smb protocol.
    I don't find the possibility to view the sharing folder when a open new session ? I have only a ftp connection possibilty.

Many thanks
    All the best
    DIP
  • Chris
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Can you access the folder on the other computer using Finder?

In Beyond Compare's Folder Compare, it might also help to click the down arrow to the right of the Browse button, then select Browse File System.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• dip333
      New User
      • Sep 2018

Hi Chris,

Yes , I have access in my finder to the second Mac (like with a favorites acces in the left menu or smb://ServerName/ShareName via go to folder menu).
      But sorry for the disturb, I have find (browse system file) with the little black down arrow near the folder icon ! I have in the dialogue box the possibility to go in the second mac.
      All the best
      Many thanks

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

So the Browse Using File System is working for you? Great.

You can also type directly into the Folder Compare's folder path, using the same syntax that Finder's Go menu -> Connect to Server:
        smb://server/folder/
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• cstern
          Fanatic
          • Feb 2008

I'd like to share a small tip (which may also inspire the developers to provide a shortcut in the browse menu for folder compare):

If you have mounted a remote disk e.g. via smb or other attached, non-local disks, you find the mount points in /Volumes
          So, to find the mounted directories, open Folder compare, and type /Volumes in one of the panes, and enter. The mounted directories will appear for you to select as base folder.

It would be convenient if the /Volumes appeared as one of the little green icons in the "Browse using profile"

(If it is not already mounted, the method described by Aaron just above this post will still work, gracefully mounting the drive on the fly)
          Last edited by cstern; 29-Sep-2018, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. Adding Mounted locations to the Browse Using Profile dialog is something on our wishlist; in the meantime, you can use the small dropdown arrow next to the Browse button to Browse Using File System, which can display the Network locations.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...