Default BC runs forever when comparing folder tree with bad blocks/bad sectors

BC works fine here on a 64bit Win7 system for a long time.

Then I had a hard disk crash which in turn results in a bad block/bad sector on the hard disk.

After successful restart (partition C: with Win system was not affected) I wanted to compare now the content of partition D: (with a lot of
    big files (> 1 GB)) to a former backup on an external USB hard disk resp to a remote storage
    before reformatting the hard disk or even replacing it completely.

However BeyondCompare was NOT able to folder compare the directory trees which contain partially content with bad blocks/bad sectors.

Thats ok - FOR THE critical bad file(s) ONLY. However BC freezes completely. I couldn't even stop or close it or abort process in Task Manager.

I expected a kind of timeout of BC and skipping to the next file in file copying list.

Unfortunately BC doesn't. It runs forever (at least more than 3 hours).

Could you add a "auto-skip files with bad blocks/bad sectors" function in next BC release?

Thank you
    Peter

Hello,

BC4 works with the file system and Windows APIs, which if it is not behaving properly can cause poor behavior we can't avoid. If it's hanging while mid-compare during the load (and that is done in a background thread to avoid hanging) for local files, then the OS function is probably badly stumbling over (at least one of) these files.
    Aaron P Scooter Software