Thread: Error code/lvl

Default Error code/lvl

Hey,

I'm new to Beyond Compare and I was trying to compare two folders automaticly by the cmd. This is what I have:

Code:
    Sys.OleObject("WScript.Shell").Exec("\"C:\\Program Files\\Beyond Compare 4\\bcompare.exe\" @C:\\Development\\CES_Testsuite\\BeyondCompare\\ScriptInput\\bcScript.txt");
    It work's but how can I see if there is a error or otherwise explained if I take by me own a look into the result HTML I see the failur but how can I automate this? Is there a way to get an error code back?

best regards
    Kai VI

Default ERRORLEVEL via cmd

Hey,

I'm new to Beyond Compare. I wanna compare two folders and it work's well but to autmoate this compare I need something like an Errorlevel or so.
    My code/script:
    Code:
    load "C:\temp\TestComplete" "C:\temp\2016-07-14_Testdaten_nach_Änderung_Update\WD ohne Zahlenteil"
    expand all
    select all
    criteria rules-based
    folder-report layout:side-by-side options:include-file-links output-to:"C:\Development\CES_Testsuite\BeyondCompare\Output\compare1.html" output-options:html-color
    I can take a look by my own into the folders with the htmls and check them if there is an error/failur or not but i need to automate this. Is there any way to get something back? Like an ERRORLEVEL or in which way I can automate this? I need something back to automate this and to set a checkpoint with something.

best regards
    kai

Hello,

BC4 supports folder compare automation using scripting, but this does not return an errorlevel. You would have to parse the generated report file (either the header summary area, or a generated .xml file) for the comparison status. The /quickcompare and errorlevel generation is supported on the command line, but only for a file to file comparison.
    Aaron P Scooter Software