• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GabrielBrienza
    Visitor
    • Jul 2018

Compare more than 1 tab on beyond compare 4

Hi
    Not sure if it's a known issue or if has been asked before or I m missing the obvious.

Usually as a good practice before checking in files in Visual Studio ,I compare all the files that have been changed to make sure it's what I wanted to do.

I open first file for compare and it works

If I don't close this tab and I compare another file I get an error "The system cannot open the file spec"

any ideas?

thanks
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Make sure you're using "bcomp.exe" instead of Bcompare.exe. Bcompare.exe is limited to a single running instance and exits as soon as it tells an existing instance what the command line to load is. Bcomp.exe (and .com if you're running from the command line) is a small launcher that will wait to exit until the comparison is closed.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• GabrielBrienza
      Visitor
      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Zoë
      Make sure you're using "bcomp.exe" instead of Bcompare.exe. Bcompare.exe is limited to a single running instance and exits as soon as it tells an existing instance what the command line to load is. Bcomp.exe (and .com if you're running from the command line) is a small launcher that will wait to exit until the comparison is closed.
      Thank you that fixed the issue!!

Comment

Working...