X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Noni
    Visitor
    • Jul 2018

Move instead of Copy?

I'm comparing 2 folders on the same volume, and would like to move files from the left to the right panels, but it looks like I can only copy. Is it possible to move files? Thank you for your help
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

In the Folder Compare's Actions menu -> or the right-click menu, we should show both Copy and Move commands. Move is not on the toolbar by default, but you can add it using BC3's Folder Compare's Tools menu -> Customize Commands, and search for Move (then enable Toolbar). (BC4 has this option in the Tools menu -> Options dialog, Toolbars/Etc tab.)
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Noni
      Visitor
      • Jul 2018

I found it! I must be using BC4! Thank you so much for your help, Aaron! btw, I love this software, it's actually made file management enjoyable.. and I'm up to my neck in files
      ps - I can't find how to mark your answer as correct, or doesn't this forum do that? Sorry have so many questions!
      Last edited by Noni; 03-Jul-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

No, but thanks. If you have any other questions come up, let us know. You may also find these tutorial videos useful as a quick overview of the program:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/features.php?zz=v4videos
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Noni
          Visitor
          • Jul 2018

Great! Thank you, Aaron I will check them out.

Comment

Working...