Unhappy Strange characters - Encoding or Malware?

Hi Lads,
    (See attached picture)

I found a lot of files on a site with these characters inside JavaScript? With BC4
    So I delete and upload the local file? But every time I upload a .js files to a certain domain or a certain host I see some strange characters? (See pic.)

Is this my settings for encoding (UTF-8) or what?
    Some files I can delete on the remote and upload - then they are "clean" or right as the local one...
    But some files like this one jquery.js is immediately garbled with this junk!
    I did run a few malware scans on the site - but i't reported clean?? So maybe I messed a setting?
    My computers are clean (Running latest ver. of Kaspersky and all scanning are clean).

Any help is appriciated
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Best regards and God bless

"Netz"

A wise man don't know everything - But he know who to ask!
    BizDoktor.dk

Hello,

It's possible it's corrupting during the transfer. First test is to try switching from ANSI transfers to Binary transfers under the Tools menu -> Profiles, select your saved FTP Profile, Transfer tab, and switch from Auto -> Binary. Restart BC4, then retry.

Also, check the uploaded file using another client, such as telnet or putty. Does it appear to have the same binary section if viewed this way?

Also, if that does not work, try another client (like Filezilla) for the upload, and then check in BC4. Then try downloading using Filezilla from the server to a third/temp local area and re-check Downloaded Local to Local.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Hi Aaron,

Thanks - That worked - I just changed from "AUTO" to Binary for transfer - And it worked perfectly!!
    Bloody brilliant - Thanks!!
    Best regards and God bless

"Netz"

A wise man don't know everything - But he know who to ask!
    BizDoktor.dk