BC4/Ubuntu 18.04: BC4 Menus not working (File, Edit, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A440Hz
    Visitor
    • Jun 2018

BC4/Ubuntu 18.04: BC4 Menus not working (File, Edit, etc.)

Hi. This is in reference to a problem with BC4 (the latest version, or roughly the latest, at the time of this writing, but without menus working, I can't see the version via Help | About!). I'm running Ubuntu 18.04, Bionic Beaver.

The Session | File | Edit ... etc. menus do not show when I click the left mouse on them, nor do they work via keyboard shortcuts (e.g., Alt-F). All of my other apps have working menus.

Any ideas? Thanks!
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Tested and this seems to be working with the recent releases of BC4. Please update to the latest from our website and install with the 64bit.deb, here:
    http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• A440Hz
      Visitor
      • Jun 2018

Aaron--

Thx for the reply. I did just download the latest and test (64-bit deb).

Apparently, the menus are all working; they're just not visible. I did get the Help | About to work with keyboard shortcuts, but it's obviously difficult without being able to see the menus.

I am using xbindkeys and xautomation in order to remap some mouse buttons and such. However, this issue doesn't happen with any other apps.

Other ideas? Thanks agian.

Comment

• Dave_L
        Veteran
        • Dec 2007

A wild guess: You may want to experiment with the Ubuntu desktop appearance settings (themes, etc.) to see if that has any effect.

Comment

• A440Hz
          Visitor
          • Jun 2018

I have been messing around with things, and the menus *do* work on the two monitors in my three-monitor setup, just not the main one. I hadn't tried that before (duh!). It's still a bit wonky with my setup--the menus are not always aligned to the top of the menu bar--sometimes they stretch from the bottom of the display to the top. But after a few passes back and forth across the menu bar, they are properly aligned.

I have an Nvidia driver installed for Ubuntu, which is needed to get the OS working with my computer without major problems (it's an HP ZBook 17). I also have my middle monitor set up as portrait instead of landscape for lots of code editing and doc reading. The portrait display and the built-in laptop display do show the menus; another external landscape display does not.

At least I have a workaround for now, but you Scooter guys may want to track this issue in case anyone else experiences it. Thanks!

Comment

Working...