X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeteB
    New User
    • Feb 2009

Feature Request - VisualStudio Code Review support

I've been very happily using BC for years (from v2 I think)

VisualStudio integration for *diff* and *merge* are great and BC can often auto-merge files that VS thinks need manual attention but I'm missing integration with the *Code Review* system. When I do a *Code Review* it uses the default VS comparison tool

One of my colleagues uses a competitor's diff tool which does work with VS code reviews :`(

Are we ever likely to see that feature in BC or do I need to switch?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Last I looked, MS did not allow external tools to be defined for the Code Review system. Is the other tool hijacking it somehow, using a Visual Studio extension, or some other method?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• PeteB
      New User
      • Feb 2009

https://www.devart.com/codecompare/

I think it might connect to TFS direct rather than VS as such although it does include VS toolbars and add-ins.

Comment

• Dave Lowndes
        New User
        • Dec 2018

Is there any way to integrate into VS2019 Code Review?

Originally posted by Aaron
        Last I looked, MS did not allow external tools to be defined for the Code Review system.
        It'd be great to be able to use BC for the TFS code review facility in VS because the built-in diff viewer in VS is so lame. If BC could hook into the code review (and provide the commenting facility), that would provide considerable ammunition to purchase BC.

Comment

Working...