X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Millman
    New User
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by ericvan76
    As a developer, I don't undestand why it's so hard to solve this. I have a large mount of software installed since the first beta of Mojave. BeyondCompare wasn't the only one having the issue, but it's the only one haven't resolved for a such long time. Maybe you should consider hiring another Mac developer. BeyondCompare was a thing I always recommened to other developers, but not any more.
    As a developer, cut these guys a little slack. They've been timely in their responses and clearly since it resolved itself in Beta 5 is was an issue in MacOS Mojave's side. Is it really so implausible that Apple could release a buggy Beta that inadvertently breaks something that worked in a prior beta?

Thank you Scooter Software for continuing to be proactive through the beta and working to resolve any issues we discover along the way!

Comment

• alrizopa
      New User
      • Sep 2018

I don't ever run betas, nor even OS X versions before the 4th patchset (e.g.: 10.13.4 etc.). It is a "best practice" procedure to follow, so I *never* have any self-inflicted problems with upgrades. Just a thought and a recommendation if you rely on your system for critical day-to-day work. The only exception to this would be work in an experimental machine dedicated to developing apps for an as yet unreleased operating system.

Comment

• ericfxd0
        Enthusiast
        • Sep 2018

Originally posted by Millman
        As a developer, cut these guys a little slack. They've been timely in their responses and clearly since it resolved itself in Beta 5 is was an issue in MacOS Mojave's side. Is it really so implausible that Apple could release a buggy Beta that inadvertently breaks something that worked in a prior beta?

Thank you Scooter Software for continuing to be proactive through the beta and working to resolve any issues we discover along the way!
        Originally posted by alrizopa
        I don't ever run betas, nor even OS X versions before the 4th patchset (e.g.: 10.13.4 etc.). It is a "best practice" procedure to follow, so I *never* have any self-inflicted problems with upgrades. Just a thought and a recommendation if you rely on your system for critical day-to-day work. The only exception to this would be work in an experimental machine dedicated to developing apps for an as yet unreleased operating system.
        This is a mature response to an operating system beta. I think the initial public release is enough for me once determining that the software I rely on doesn't have any conflicts. I am running the Mojave beta in a virtual machine.

Comment

Working...