Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by ericvan76 View Post
    As a developer, I don't undestand why it's so hard to solve this. I have a large mount of software installed since the first beta of Mojave. BeyondCompare wasn't the only one having the issue, but it's the only one haven't resolved for a such long time. Maybe you should consider hiring another Mac developer. BeyondCompare was a thing I always recommened to other developers, but not any more.
    As a developer, cut these guys a little slack. They've been timely in their responses and clearly since it resolved itself in Beta 5 is was an issue in MacOS Mojave's side. Is it really so implausible that Apple could release a buggy Beta that inadvertently breaks something that worked in a prior beta?

Thank you Scooter Software for continuing to be proactive through the beta and working to resolve any issues we discover along the way!

I don't ever run betas, nor even OS X versions before the 4th patchset (e.g.: 10.13.4 etc.). It is a "best practice" procedure to follow, so I *never* have any self-inflicted problems with upgrades. Just a thought and a recommendation if you rely on your system for critical day-to-day work. The only exception to this would be work in an experimental machine dedicated to developing apps for an as yet unreleased operating system.

Quote Originally Posted by Millman View Post
    As a developer, cut these guys a little slack. They've been timely in their responses and clearly since it resolved itself in Beta 5 is was an issue in MacOS Mojave's side. Is it really so implausible that Apple could release a buggy Beta that inadvertently breaks something that worked in a prior beta?

Thank you Scooter Software for continuing to be proactive through the beta and working to resolve any issues we discover along the way!
    Quote Originally Posted by alrizopa View Post
    I don't ever run betas, nor even OS X versions before the 4th patchset (e.g.: 10.13.4 etc.). It is a "best practice" procedure to follow, so I *never* have any self-inflicted problems with upgrades. Just a thought and a recommendation if you rely on your system for critical day-to-day work. The only exception to this would be work in an experimental machine dedicated to developing apps for an as yet unreleased operating system.
    This is a mature response to an operating system beta. I think the initial public release is enough for me once determining that the software I rely on doesn't have any conflicts. I am running the Mojave beta in a virtual machine.