X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gfim
    Visitor
    • Aug 2009

Folder Compare Report as Patch no longer available

I haven't tried to do this for a long time, so I don't know when it disappeared, but the option to create a Patch file in the Folder Compare Report seems to have gone. I know I've done it in the past, and it's documented in the BC Knowledge Base at https://www.scootersoftware.com/support.php?zz=kb_patch. But the option isn't there any more. This is on Windows with the latest BC 4 (Version 4.2.5 (build 23088)).

Graham
  • ggeldenhuys
    Journeyman
    • May 2014

Oh wow, how did I miss that feature! That would be extremely useful. I just checked, the patch report option is also not available for Text Compare sessions. I'm using BC 4.2.4 under Windows and Linux. It would be super useful if that feature could return to BC4.

Comment

• Zoë
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

In the folder compare you need to use Actions->File Compare Report, rather than Session->Folder Compare Report. The folder comparison report is designed to mimic the folder compare treeview.
      Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• Zoë
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

It's still there. In the file viewers use the Session->Text Compare Report command, and select "Patch" from the "Report Layout" listbox. You can generate Normal, Context, and Unified compatible diffs. The number of context lines uses the same setting as the interactive compare (Options > Text Editing > Number of context lines).

Edit: Forgot to add: If the file compare reports are generated from a folder compare parent session, the paths will be relative to the base folder. If it's a standalone session it uses fully qualified paths.
        Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• gfim
          Visitor
          • Aug 2009

Ok, thanks Zoë. That works.

I'm sure that it used to be under Folder Compare Report, but this works just as well.

Thanks again,
          Graham

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

The Actions menu is also a copy of the right click menu, so that may be where you were accessing the command before by selecting the files you want to patch, right click, and then generating the report on the selection.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...