Question Table comparing via command line

Hi,
    At my company we compare CSV files a lot for automated regression testing. Thus far we unable use BC to do this comparing as we need to ignore certain fields and customize the key(s). We have a homemade solution to this however I recognize that BC would be superior to what we have. The devs all have BC4 pro license for interactive comparing and merging outside of that use case.

I read that it is possible to setup 'sessions' to control all this however as tests are run on numerous servers it is not practice to set these up interactively. In addition, awkward to maintain.

Are there any plans to allow this to be fully controllable via the command line? Even if there was a session file that could be passed in it would work. If it was made possible we would surely get 'scores' more licenses for our testing servers.

Kind regards,
    Kevin

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. It is on our wishlist to allow more command line customization and script options for automation. I'll add your notes to our entry on the subject, but it is not likely an enhancement we'll be able to add short-term. In the meantime, one other workaround is to create the session, which is then accessible in BCSessions.xml. Some users can then use a script to update BCSessions.xml previous to the script call, to customize the behavior (manually updating the session).
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Thumbs up great

Thanks very much for your reply. We'll see if this interim solution is feasible.

Kevin