Question Reset toolbars to default

I accidentally removed the default dropdown menu (the one that shows Files, Help, etc. When I right mouse click on any of the other toolbars it's the only toolbar that doesn't appear in the list. Is there a way to reset all of the toolbars back to the out of the box defaults? Thank you.

Open the folder: "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare 3"

In that folder, create a subfolder named old, then move BCCommands.xml, BCPreferences.xml, and BCState.xml to the subfolder. The next time you run Beyond Compare , it will create default settings for those files, which should restore the toolbar settings.
    Chris K Scooter Software

Chris,

Thank you so much for your (prompt!) assistance. I actually have two different licenses (two machines) and the one where the toolbar disappeared is actually for BC2. That version doesn't appear to use any XML files, so is it possible to reset the toolbars another way? As you might recall the only two files in the %APPDATA% folder are Rules.bcru and Session.bcse.

Cheers,
    Kent

Beyond Compare 2 stores toolbar settings in the Windows Registry.

To reset toolbar settings for BC2's Folder Viewer toolbars, delete the Toolbars entry in:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Scooter Software\Beyond Compare\FolderViewer\Toolbars

The next time you run BC2's Folder Viewer, it will use default toolbar settings.
    Chris K Scooter Software