multiple files in que, copy one at a time?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ron_p
    New User
    • May 2018

multiple files in que, copy one at a time?

Trying to copy multiple large media files to a destination hard drive. I would like the files not be fragmented across the destination hard drive. I am using BC4 to select and copy files from the drive to another drive while coping is occurring. Currently when coping, at least 4 copy process's are occurring at once, this is great normally. I would like to keep selecting files to be copied but only have 1 copy being preformed at a time. The hope is to keep the media files from being fragmented across the destination hard drive. Please advise.
    Ron
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. BC4 does not support serial operations for multiple queues, but it is something on our wishlist. If you select all items at once and perform a copy, then that selection would form a single queue.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• McFloyd
      New User
      • Feb 2019

hi any news about queuing up copy operations? even from the command line would work for me

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

No new news at this time; it is still an item on our Customer Wishlist.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• KopyKat
          New User
          • Oct 2021

With all due respect, this has been a wish list item since 2015. In the meantime, storage and copying needs have grow exponentially. Lack of this feature is no longer an inconvenience, rather it makes your software useless.

I have abandoned BC in favor of DiffMerge and KDiff3. They support sequential queuing as well as advanced features such a 3 way merge and work cross platform. And they are free,

If you manage to update this,I would consider moving back for the UI. But for now, this is DinosaurWare.

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Advanced queuing control (multiple threads per queue, or managed queues of queues) is still on our wishlist, while BC3 added Merge support and Linux in 2008, and BC4 added MacOS (Win/Mac/Linux) back in 2014. If you decide to re-evaluate at a later date, our trial is always fully functional and free for testing, with a days-of-use trial that only counts down days you actually boot the program.

For other users encountering this thread and looking for tips for the current version, BC4's Home screen allows multiple sessions to be saved in folders, which can be launched simultaneously as new tabs, and each tab sub-task can have one or more simultaneous progress bars, or file name filtering to limit the data they act on. Each action (Copy) behaves similarly as Explorer, so each execution will begin running as a separate task when you tell it to run.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...