X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • warnersoft
    Visitor
    • May 2018

bc4 PASS failed

Did anything change from v3 to v4 regarding PASS command? previously used BC3 to connect to MVS mainframe. Left company and returned and had V4 installed. Connects and sends user successfully but then fails on PASS command. I can cut the password from the dialog box and paste into tso logon session and it works fine. Other co-workers still on V3 have no issues.
  • Zoë
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Nothing was intentionally changed for PASS specificially. I think the timing for when the server's character encoding is applied changed though, so it only takes effect after a successful login. If your password has any non-ASCII characters (accents, CJK, emoji, etc) it probably won't work anymore.
    Zoë P Scooter Software

Comment

• warnersoft
      Visitor
      • May 2018

Thanks for the quick reply. We do have a password requirement to have a # or $, but that is it. I would assume that if there were firewall issues that would prevent the connection in the first place. This is one of my favorite tools, and was quite happy to see that it was authorized for use here. authorized but unsupported so I'm on my own to figure this out.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

One quick test is you can install the BC3 trial and verify it works on the same machine with the same connection and profile settings. BC3 and BC4 can be installed at the same time on Windows, with separate install folders and settings:
        http://www.scootersoftware.com/download.php?zz=dl3_en

This way, we can make sure BC3 works (and this would also get you up and running). We can then troubleshoot the difference between BC3 and BC4 behavior.

Would it be possible to get a pair of connection logs, so we can see if there are any differences in logged behavior? You can enable the debug logging in BC4 under the Tools menu -> Options, Tweaks tab, and scroll to Log Panel and enable the additional options for ftp and debugging. In BC3, hit Ctrl+Shift+T to enter the Tweaks dialog and in the Folder Views tab enable the debug logging. Then email both logs to [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• warnersoft
          Visitor
          • May 2018

Thank-you again for all your help. As it turns out, they added a new security requirement in order to submit FTP jobs. Once that was granted this morning all is good.

Comment

Working...