• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anglenora2022
    New User
    • May 2018

Copying only Orphan files ?

Hi,

I've copied some folders but new files have been updated on old server. How can I set it up to copy only Orphans from one side to the other? Right now, I'm manually picking files and that's inefficient. Thanks
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

From a Folder Compare, you can set the Display Filter to Show Orphans (toolbar or View menu), then:
    1) Select All, Copy dialog, and set the Source side and make sure that Include excluded items is disabled (you can peek to see what they are, with the small preview button).
    2) Use a combination of the Edit menu -> Expand All, Edit menu -> Select All Files, and this should leave you with just a selection of Orphans. You can then Copy and select just the source side, or use Shift+Arrow keys to slide the selection to only the Source side and then Copy. Since you've manually selected only orphan files, there are no Excluded items in the selection.

From a Folder Sync session, use the Session menu -> Session Settings dialog, Sync tab, and customize the sync to only copy Orphan files, and set every other criteria to Leave Alone.

How do either of these strategies work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...