Prevent loading all VMS versions via FTP (feature request)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danieljt
    Visitor
    • May 2018

Prevent loading all VMS versions via FTP (feature request)

When loading a folder comparison session on a VMS server via FTP, the list of files can take a long time to load if there are lots of versions of each file.

Although there is the option to hide VMS versions within the FTP profile, the entire directory listing is loaded before the versions are hidden.

Ipswitch WS_FTP lets you set a filter such as *.*; before connecting, which will only load the top version of each file, resulting in much faster load times.

It would be great if Beyond Compare also had a similar option, as applying the same filter to the session doesn't work.

Many thanks,

Dan
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. It is true that our Hide VMS toggle will still load the VMS, but then suppresses from view. I'll add a wishlist item to investigate preventing their load for the type of performance increase you are describing.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• danieljt
      Visitor
      • May 2018

Excellent, thanks very much Aaron.

Comment

• MichaelOcampo
        New User
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by danieljt
        When loading a folder comparison session on a VMS server via FTP, the list of files can take a long time to load if there are lots of versions of each file.

Although there is the option to hide VMS versions within the FTP profile, the entire directory listing is loaded before the versions are hidden.

Ipswitch WS_FTP lets you set a filter such as *.*; before connecting, which will only load the top version of each file, resulting in much faster load times.

It would be great if Beyond Compare also near perfect Dbal max results had a similar option, as applying the same filter to the session doesn't work.

Many thanks,

Dan
        I know that the feature has been included in the wishlist, but if it makes any difference, I would like to second the feature request.
        Last edited by MichaelOcampo; 06-Mar-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Thanks for the interest, I noted the additional request in our internal issue tracker.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

• vikinath
            New User
            • Sep 2019

Thanks a lot for this feature request

Comment

Working...