X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleanor099
    Visitor
    • Apr 2018

Fatal Scripting Error:Unable to create report

I would like to compare two excel file which is xls file. I would like to generate interleaved HTML report as I can did through UI.

My scripts content is data-report layout:interleaved options:ignore-unimportant output-to:"%3" "%1" "%2"
    The command line is
    BComp.com @"c:\scripts.txt "c:\a.xls" "c:\b.xls" report.html

However I encounter problem that "Unable to create report". Could you please help me out?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

It looks like you are missing a quote in the command line at the end of the c:\scripts.txt". And where would you like to generate report.html? Where is the command line running, or would it be better to designate a full path ("c:\bcreports\report.html")?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• eleanor099
      Visitor
      • Apr 2018

Thanks Aaron. The "Unable to create report" issues are resolved. But the report was ugly. Can I have report like UI did?
      For UI, I chosed interleaved and HTML report from Table Compare report. What I should change scripts"data-report layout:interleaved options:ignore-unimportant output-to:"%3" "%1" "%2""

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

Yes, I think you need to add output-options:html-color

data-report layout:interleaved options:ignore-unimportant output-to:"%3" output-options:html-color "%1" "%2""
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• eleanor099
          Visitor
          • Apr 2018

Thanks Aaron. It can works. Can I add some parameter into options only show the results Left have, right don't have? Current modification will be showed up even I added ignore-unimportant

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

Hello,

Not in scripting. The only options are listed in the Help file -> Scripting Reference chapter -> Data-report paragraph.

In the graphical interface, you can right click the Display Filters, switch to Toggles mode, and you can set the toggles mode to specific layout, which the Session menu -> Data Compare Report will then default to using.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• eleanor099
              Visitor
              • Apr 2018

Thanks Aaron. Do you means that make configuration and run scripting can call default setting? Through GUI, it can work as your guide now.

Comment

• Aaron
                Team Scooter
                • Oct 2007

Hello,

Unfortunately, no. Scripting has explicit commands that determine which display filter set is used, and we do not have the gradient toggles-like options available in scripting. It's something on our wishlist to expand these options (and I had already added your notes to our entry on the subject).
                Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...