• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeOnD
    Expert
    • Oct 2008

BC4 can't connect to Sun machine, BC3 can

Hi,

I can't connect to a Sun machines on BC4 whereas I can on BC3. Here's the error I get on BC4 -

> Connecting to sunhost.domain.com
    > Server key [DSS 1024 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx]
    > Invalid MAC
    > Connection closed.
    > Connection failed: Wrong socket state 0 in CanReceive (error code is 96258)
    > Background content comparison completed in 6.7 seconds

Both (BC4 & BC3) are using same settings (see attached)
    BC3 can connect & load the folder listing immediately but BC4 gives the error.
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Please email in to [email protected] with two logs: BC3 connection log from initial connection to load, and BC4's log. We can then compare/contrast on how each connects to figure out what is going on.

If you can also include the BC3 BCSupport.zip from the Help menu -> Support dialog, Export: BCSupport.zip, and the BC4 BCSupport.zip, we can also easily load your settings.

When emailed, include a link back to this forum thread for our reference in the email.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Thanks for the emails. I sent a longer reply back, but it looks like the difference between BC3 and BC4 are how they handle the HMAC (hash method authentication code). BC3 is picking an older hmac-md5, while BC4 has access to a greater ranger of authentication options. The server reports it accepts one of these, but then fails when connecting. The workaround to get BC3 like behavior would be to limit the server for which hmac algorithms are enabled, or review if there are any server updates that fix any issues with HMAC negotiations to allow the other authentication types to work.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• NeOnD
        Expert
        • Oct 2008

Thanks for checking Aaron. I'll check if there's any update available for Sun server.

Comment

Working...