• Show
Clear All
  • MrWidget
    New User
    • Apr 2018

Select All Files, but File Comparison Report missing from Action Menu

Following the instructions here:

https://www.scootersoftware.com/vbul...e+file+compare

I was able to generate a recursive File Comparison... Once.

I updated the files on one side using my version control system, told BC to rescan the folders, and went to re-run the report, but the File Comparison Report is not on the Actions menu, even with re-following all the instructions in the aforementioned post.

Is there something else I have to do after refreshing? What would keep the File Comparison Report from being listed in the Action menu?
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

The key factor is if any non-file is selected, the item becomes invisible. This includes selecting a folder or an archive. If you manually select a sub-set of only files, the item appears, correct? Are you performing an Edit menu -> Select All or a Select All Files?

If Select All Files is grabbing an archive, you can filter out the archives using a file name filter, or set to treat Archives As Folders if you need to report on the content within the archive.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• MrWidget
      New User
      • Apr 2018

I think that's it - Select All vs Select All Files. However, does it have to be that picky?

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Much of BC's reporting works with expanded or collapsed states (a folder report with collapsed folders does not show the items within). By being very specific, the selection helps control exactly what is included in the report.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...