X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John_OR
    New User
    • Mar 2018

Crashing when using picture compare w/DNG files and also generating reports

Hi, I'm evaluating BC 4 to see if it will work for our purposes. We are specifically interested in the 'Picture Compare' feature. However, I've run into a couple of crashes.

First, if I selected a DNG file generated by Adobe Lightroom it crashes immediately. A log file from this crash is attached. See DNG crash.txt

Second, I tried using a JPG and Tiff file. The comparison worked in that case but the app crashes when I try to generate the Picture Compare Report. I'm attaching a screen shot of the settings I'm using in the report dialog. The crash occurs when I choose the Copy to Clipboard option or attempt to save the file. See the attached log file, Report crash.txt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    John
    Attached Files
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Thanks for the two reports. I've reproduced the Summary Report crash and opened a tracker entry to get that fixed.

Would it be possible to get a sample .dng file that is crashing the Picture Report for you? You can email us at [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread for our reference. I am also downloading the trial, but it may be quicker to get a file that reproduces the issue for you, than myself creating one from scratch.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• John_OR
      New User
      • Mar 2018

Hi Aaron, thanks for your response. I've sent an email to the support address you provided.

John

Comment

• Chris
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

The crash you reported is fixed in Beyond Compare 4.2.5.
        Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...