• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ladyhawke10
    Visitor
    • Mar 2018

Data Compare Reports

Hi,

This is my first time using these forums, so please bear with me as I learn the etiquette.

I have some Excel files I need to compare, using Data Compare, that have a LOT of data in them. This works but I'd like to be able to save the results to share with others so that they don't have to start all over. I've tried saving an HTML report but the columns can't be adjusted in IE (which we're stuck using) and some of the columns are either ridiculously long or short, making the results tedious to read. What I'd really like to be able to do is save the comparison session in a way that someone else could open it back up in BC and immediately see the results I saw. Is that possible?

Our company has not stepped up to BC4 yet--we're still at BC 3.1.11.

Thank you in advance.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

If you are also passing around the original files, you could save the Session, and export your settings and sessions to share with other users viewing the files. However, this does not save any manual width adjustments you made to the columns; would that be a problem in this case? You can test yourself first by closing down BC3, and then re-opening and loading the saved session yourself to see how it views.

Also, HTML reports can be opened directly in Excel. Here you could perform column adjustments and modification, and then save as an Excel format to pass on to a coworker. I think this might be the easier solution and close to what you are looking for. How would this work for you?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Aaron
      Team Scooter
      • Oct 2007

Oh, and I should add that the first post must be moderated, which is why you had not seen it show up yet. No worries about the duplicate posting; I cleaned it up.
      Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• ladyhawke10
        Visitor
        • Mar 2018

Hi Aaron,

Not saving changes to column widths is probably a plus in our case--everyone has their own preferences and nobody seems to like anyone else's.

However, it never occurred to me that we could open an HTML report file in Excel. I tried it and it works great! Just one more reason why Beyond Compare is my favorite tool! I'll share both with my team and we'll see which will work best for us (I'm suspecting the HTML report).

Thanks for the fast and helpful response, Aaron--it's very much appreciated!!

And thanks for cleaning up my double post, too!

Comment

Working...