X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rmnrdi
    Enthusiast
    • Dec 2017

Mapping two different file types

I have two files types. One is a .txt file and one is .xml.

They're just two different forms of the same type information, but the field names are different.

Is there a way to "map" fields from one file type to another?

Right now I have two programs who's output is .txt and two that are .xml. I can compare them to each other, but not all of them to each other.

Thanks,
    Rob
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

What kind of difference needs to be mapped? Are both files xml text in content, with differing node names? Are the nodes already aligned, line by line, or do you need to update the Text Compare's Session Settings, Alignment tab to tweak the alignment?

You can define specific text as either generally Unimportant
    https://www.scootersoftware.com/supp..._unimportantv3
    or BC4 Pro allows defining a specific aligned difference to be Unimportant as a Text Replacement (Text Compare's Session Settings -> Replacements), but this requires the text on the line to be aligned (View menu -> Alignment Details).

If you are still having any trouble, and can email in specific files and screenshots, please do so to [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread for our reference.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• rmnrdi
      Enthusiast
      • Dec 2017

Hey Aaron, thanks for the reply.

Looking at our xml files again, mapping values won't be possible. The xml node names repeat under there parent node, so I'd need a way to handle that. Also, after looking at our txt file requirements, they parse in a way that would not be easy to map.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

If you have any specific examples you'd like to share via email, just let us know and we might have some tips or tricks that could help.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...