Comparing multiple docx files with MS Word Documents Extended Winword.exe won't close

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LCharbonneau
    Visitor
    • Feb 2018

Comparing multiple docx files with MS Word Documents Extended Winword.exe won't close

EDIT: Duplicate post, please disregard didn't realize there was a delay before posts would show up on the forum, sorry!

Hi

I have issues using folder compare in BC4 when comparing folders with large amount of docx files (500+)

The winword.exe don't get closed properly I end up with hundreds of processes which takes up all my ram (16 Gb) and page file (40 Gb+) why sometimes cause the whole PC to crash. It seems that the winword.exe don't get closed until all files have been processed, and if I stop or close beyond compare they all stay in memory and seems to be hung there. I end up having to kill them all manually (taskkill /f /im winword.exe)

Each winword process anywhere from 20 to 80 Mb, doesn't seem like much but it adds up over time...

I'm using the MS Word Documents Extended coming from the Additional File Formats for BC4 section of the site

- Microsoft Word documents extended
    - 8-Jan-2013
    - *.doc, *.docm, *.docx, *.dot, *.dotm, *.dotx

Which uses the DOC_to_TXT.vbs helper

Is this a known issue, is there any fix or workaround for this?

- Beyond compare version : Version 4.2.4 (build 22795)
    - Office 2016 (16.0.4654.1000)
    - Windows 10 Enterprise x64

Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LCharbonneau; 27-Feb-2018, 09:13 AM.
Working...