X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apex2000
    Visitor
    • Feb 2018

Tools > Options causes application to hang

I am running the latest version of BC4 on a fully-up-to-date Windows 10 Enterprise.

When I click on the Tools drop-down menu item, all items in the menu work except 'Options'.

After clicking on 'Options', the application hangs and I have to end the task using Task Manager.

Can someone suggest a cause/solution to this? TIA.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Hello,

Are you able to use the Help menu -> Support; Export to generate a BCSupport.zip? If so, please email this to [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread.

To confirm, you are running BC4.2.4, is it 32bit or 64bit (Help menu -> About), and is your Windows 10 install 32bit or 64bit? Did you use our Download page's Setup.exe to install or was it deployed by your IT dept?
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• apex2000
      Visitor
      • Feb 2018

Originally posted by Aaron
      Hello,

Are you able to use the Help menu -> Support; Export to generate a BCSupport.zip? If so, please email this to [email protected] along with a link back to this forum thread.

To confirm, you are running BC4.2.4, is it 32bit or 64bit (Help menu -> About), and is your Windows 10 install 32bit or 64bit? Did you use our Download page's Setup.exe to install or was it deployed by your IT dept?
      Thanks, Aaron. Please check your mail.

Peter.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Hello,

We're working through this, but my first hunch is to try a Portable Install to see if there's a difference in behavior between a regular install and Portable. Users can create either install type using the Setup.exe's install wizard. This can help determine if it's related to checking registry or other external factors, or if it is part of a single directory install.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• apex2000
          Visitor
          • Feb 2018

Aaron, I am happy (and very surprised) to report that, as of this morning, the 'Options' dialog opens successfully. I really cannot fathom out why, as I have changed nothing.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience I have put you through and thanks for an excellent product.

Regards,

Peter

Comment

• Aaron
            Team Scooter
            • Oct 2007

No problem, and no worries. If it crops up again, let us know. My hunch is maybe an update combination (Windows, Antivirus, another 3rd party tool that is always running) might have helped.
            Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

Working...