X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • agaida
    Visitor
    • May 2010

Qt 5 planned?

Qt4 is EOLed and will disappear from some Linux distributions in the next few years - in other words, times will get rough for developers. It might sound selfish, but i'm currently develop in Debian Sid and don't plan to change it And i would miss bcompare really much.
  • Aaron
    Team Scooter
    • Oct 2007

Thanks for the feedback. We're always investigating or working on upgrading various core components, including QT5.
    Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• agaida
      Visitor
      • May 2010

Maybe it's time to speed up things a bit:
      https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=874840
      [breeze] Future Qt4 removal from Buster
      Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2017 19:01:35 UTC
      Severity: serious

To be honest - i don't like the idea to be forced to use `meld`, `kompare` or `kdiff3` again. But i guess i don't like the idea to have an unsupported framework on my machines too - and removal means, that there is no easy way to install Qt 4 in new installations. Anyways, up to you, there are alternatives.

Comment

• Aaron
        Team Scooter
        • Oct 2007

Thanks. We appreciate the follow up and are aware of the encroaching time line. We're pursuing a few different strategies here, to help deliver something sooner as this incompatibility needs to be addressed.
        Aaron P Scooter Software

Comment

• Chris
          Team Scooter
          • Oct 2007

Beyond Compare 4.3.1 is now available on the download page. It includes Qt 4 in the package for Linux distributions that no longer provide it. Long term, we're still working towards a future version of BC that will use Qt 5.
          Chris K Scooter Software

Comment

Working...